Rauch & Lang built electric-powered automobiles. This roadster was first owned by Col. E.H. Green, savior of the 1841 whaling ship Charles W. Morgan.

Col. Green, who had only one leg and found the clutchless driving of an electric car convenient, used it at his estate at Dartmouth, Massachusetts. After the Colonel’s death in 1936, the car passed to the family of late Museum Trustee H.K. Sowles, Jr., whose mother drove the car around Boston during WWII.

Specifications: Model R roadster (electric motor).

Price new, $2,600.

Accession no. 1996L06

Next Item