Apr 17 - Apr 20 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Each session is free to register with a $5 suggested donation per child
- All sessions are held at the Museum at 117 Museum Street in Owls Head
- Pre-registration online or by phone is required as space is limited
- Activities are designed for children ages 6-10
- Children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian during all sessions
*All sessions run from 10:30 - 12:00 pm*
It looks nothing like a sled, but this “flexible flier” gets up in the air with very little wind. This easy to build kite that also folds up neatly for travel.
Thursday, April 19: Delta Kites
Build the kite invented by NASA! A little more complex to build, but a great flier.
Friday, April 20: Box Kites—Recommended for children aged 8+
See how high you can go with a box kite. Box kites are strong enough to fly high and carry cargo!
Note: As an organization focused on community education, it is our goal to deliver dynamic programs that promote creative problem solving in a safe environment and reinforce each participant’s sense of empowerment. To ensure that your child has a positive experience, we encourage parents and guardians to strongly consider the recommended ages for these projects.
Recognizing that age is not always a reflection of a child’s abilities, we have provided the following list of essential skills that will be necessary to complete this workshop series:
– Listen and comprehend basic instructions
– Use a ruler, both to measure and draw straight lines
– Safe use of scissors to cut straight lines
– Ability to tie basic knots
Support the museum by sponsoring an upcoming event.